A delicious polenta recipe with pumpkin and vegetables for the colder days. It’s easy to make, nourishing and will make you feel warm from the inside out.
For the polenta
- 200 g polenta
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp ghee or vegan alternative
- 180 g pumpkin puree
- 30 g grated parmesan cheese or vegan alternative
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
For the vegetables
- 1/4 butternut squash cut into cubes
- 1 Jerusalem artichoke
- 2 parsnips grated and cut into quarters
- 10 Brussels sprouts washed and cut in half
- 1 red onion cut into quarters
- 2 sprigs sage chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- In a large bowl, mix the vegetables, sage, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange on an ovenproof dish. Roast the vegetables for 25-30 minutes, or until tender and caramelised.
- In a saucepan, bring the vegetable stock and ghee or vegan alternative to a boil. Slowly stir in the polenta.
- Stirring continuously, cook for about 1 minute or until the polenta begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat, add pumpkin purée, cinnamon, nutmeg and parmesan. Mix well.
- Divide polenta among individual bowls and top with roasted vegetables.
- Enjoy your meal!
You can get all your ingredients at Farmy!
What do you think?