What’s your favourite meal of the day? Mine is definitely lunch – the time when I can take a break from all those endless tasks and relax with bowl of something delicious and healthy!
Isn’t it a great idea to pack all your favourite ingredients into a cute tall jar and take with you to the office? I bet your colleagues will envy!
It seems so easy to throw such lunch together, but actually there are some rules on how you need to assemble it. But not a rocket science anyway:
- First, you need a tall jar with a lid – to keep the lunch together while on the go.
- Second, place the dressing to the bottom of the jar.
- Then place of the diced hard vegetables, like carrots and cucumbers – in this way they will not soak up the dressing and will assure those pretty layers.
- Add healthy carbohydrates – quinoa, wind rice, barley, whole grain pasta, etc.
- Top up with protein – fish, meat, poultry or beans, if you prefer a vegetarian options.
- Sprinkle with favorite seeds and fresh greens like spinach, arugula or any salad of your choice.
The variety of options is really endless, so don’t be shy to experiment!