Have you ever made homemade apple strudel? This recipe will be perfect to delight your guests at your Christmas dinner. Give it a try!
- 1 roll puff pastry (or a vegan alternative)
- 1/2 tbsp ghee (or a vegan alternative)
- 3 apples
- 1 egg (optional)
- 2 tbsp hazelnut powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1/2 glass rum
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 handful pecan nuts
- 1 Orange
- Soak the raisins and pecans for half an hour in the rum.
- Peel the apples, remove the cores and chop them roughly.
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Melt ghee (or your alternative) in a saucepan and cook the apples for 5 minutes, turning regularly. Deglaze them with the orange juice. Then add the raisins, nuts, vanilla sugar and cinnamon. Simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on over a low heat.
- Then add the hazelnut powder and mix well to obtain a "dry" applesauce.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Unroll the puff pastry and place it on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Apply the applesauce lengthwise in the middle of the pastry. Fold the sides of the pastry over the filling and roll it up so that the seam is underneath.
- If using, beat the egg yolk with a little water and coat the strudel with it.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until golden brown. Check regularly, as the baking time depends on the type of oven used.
- Serve the strudel warm, sprinkled with a little coconut for a snow effect.
What do you think?